Acing entrance examinations are a prerequisite to any school or college going student with the intention of getting into the best of the best institutions. With the level of competition out there, nowadays, the ways in which you could prepare for an entrance exam have also expanded. While some people prefer self-study, others resort to coaching classes and tuitions. The latest betterment in that sector is the integration of technology. With the advantages that technology is offering to a student trying his best to clear an entrance examination, it is not an option that can be overlooked. Let us look at a few of the major aspects of how technology can help you gain the upper hand over your competition.
Acing Entrance Examinations With The Aid of Technology
- Accessibility: Gone are the days when people needed to carry around backpacks with large textbooks and a bundle of notebooks. With the integration of the internet and smartphone technology, the people are empowered to study wherever they may be and whenever they may please. As almost everyone has access to a smartphone, information has never been this accessible.
- Interpret Information Better: Another thing that technology brings to the forefront is a new format of learning. The learning material available to students nowadays is in a better format with integrated audio-visual content like animations and more. As we know, something we watch has a better retentive tenacity when compared to something we read on paper.
- Better testing methods: Not being limited to a 2-dimensional pen and paper system anymore, technology brings forth new and innovative testing methods. Ways which help to stimulate the student’s mind and approach to a problem from different perspectives, thus enforcing a better understanding of the topic at hand.
- Real-time tracking: No time is wasted on evaluating test results and a student’s performance. With the present algorithms in the software, students and even their parents can see and track how the student is going through that course. Find out where they may be weak and where they are strong at. With programs like adaptive learning out in the market, a student of any caliber preparing for any entrance examination say IAS, the learning curve has been made more linear. Increasing the difficulty level if the student is outperforming the current test level and decreasing the difficulty when the student is having a hard time solving the problems.
- Improved doubt clearing: Since the internet era hit, the world has become more interconnected than ever. In case the student has a doubt about any topic, technology is available with a solution 24/7 unlike a human teacher bounded by certain time constraints. Thus, students have a better option of solving their doubts whenever they need them answered.
Thus, we can see how technology integration is altering the way how we learn. With the advantages that technology brings forth in the way we learn, students are already preferring technology integrated learning programmes over the conventional systems with improved results. To get an example of how technology integration has improved the learning material available for students such as the UPSC syllabus and more, check out this YouTube channel –