LSAT 2018 Notification has announced for admission. An intellectually challenging as well as financially rewarding profession that accomplishes your persona with its dutiful work, that’s how one would describe a Law Career! It has many reasons! One of the prominent reasons is that it offers multiple legal career options which allow you to grow in a dynamic environment. A noble profession is what people call it!
Given the fact, the awareness about different law courses is increasing rapidly and hence, it has increased the importance of Law School Admission Test. Law aspirants are still in the shadow of confusions, doubts, and unawareness. On account of that, we thought of listing down all the frequently asked questions by students and tried to answer all of them in this article.
LSAT India is a Law test conducted by Law School Admission Council (LSAC). The test shortlists aspirant students who wish to take admission for undergraduate and postgraduate level law courses.
LSAT India Exam Center 2018
There are twenty test cities all across India where LSAT 2018 would be conducted in 2018.
It has Multiple Choice Questions pattern in which candidates are expected to attempt all questions in two hours and twenty minutes. Ten colleges are newly added to the list of colleges accepting LSAT India, and now the number has further increased to seventy-four. Besides, more than eighty-five law schools will be accepting LSAT India scores for admission.
LSAT India 2018 exam dates have been declared. The law exam is scheduled to be conducted on May 20, 2018. You can get more information about exam dates here.
LSAT 2018 Eligibility
There are no specific eligibility criteria for LSAT exam conducted in India. Although it only focuses on the rules and regulations which students have to follow to appear for LSAT exam. As we find in every other exam, students have to register for the test and pay test fee without any delay.
Apart from this, there’s no eligibility rule as such which puts limitations on students and set criteria while appearing for this exam. Although as said before, the general rules and regulations are as follow:
- Students who have cleared or appeared for their 10+2 level exam can only apply for the five-year integrated LLB programme.
- Students who wish to take admission in three year LLB course should have a Bachelor’s degree in any one of the streams.
- You do not have any age limit to sit for LSAT examination, India. That being said, the desired college might have specific age criteria for admissions of students.
LSAT 2018 Colleges
Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria (if any) as listed by the law college wherein they are applying for admission by LSAT India exam.
Students should make sure that the college they are applying for accepts LSAT results for admission. Also, students should take into account the criteria of that institute, and they fulfill all the requirements listed by them. In any such case where a student has cleared LSAT test and does not fit the criteria of the desired college, the test fees shall not be refundable.
Following are the few top Law Colleges in India which offer law courses accepting LSAT-INDIA score
- Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur – http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/law
- Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat – https://jgu.edu.in/JGLS
- KLE Society’s Law College, Bangalore – http://www.klelawcollege.org/
- School of Law, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun – http://www.upes.ac.in/
- JSS Law College, Mysore – http://jsslawcollege.in/
- The NorthCap University, Gurgaon – http://www.ncuindia.edu/
LSAT India 2018 Exam Pattern
The pattern is such that the test paper will be divided into the below mentioned four sections:
- Analytical Reasoning
- First Logical Reasoning
- Second Logical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
LSAT exam 2018 will have tentatively 92-100 questions to be answered, and timing for the same would be two hours twenty minutes.
Each section would have around 24 questions.
The question format is in multiple-choice where students have to choose one correct answer from given multiple 4 or 5 options.
Students are given thirty-five (35) minutes for each section of the test. The candidate will have to move onto next question after 35 minutes.
LSAT 2018 Preparation
Law Course or Degree in Law is considered as one of the best Professional courses in India today, making it difficult to get into the Top Tier Indian Colleges; hence preparing for Exam like LSAT needs to be dedicated and focused efforts of preparation.
Students are advised to start preparation prior six months or even better if a year before. It depends on the number of hours you are ready to give in a day. Generally, students preparing for this exam give 6-8 dedicated hours a week. Studying for LSAT is easier when given a proper direction by seniors or experts.
The most important things you can do to prepare for the LSAT are:
- Practice solving tests as many as possible with the same format and time. The test paper looks familiar when you’ll actually attempt it.
- Work through explanations of sample questions and make sure you’re familiar with the different types of questions.
- Review your papers from your seniors or people who are expert in this. Take their guidance on problem-solving and other errors that you make in your tests.
- If possible, get copies of previously administered LSAT tests. Study them thoroughly and compare them with yours.
- Be mentally prepared for the exam. Understand the seriousness of this examination by understanding its impact on your career graph. At the same time, do not take too much of pressure. Its study should not affect your physical and mental health in any way.
LSAT 2018 Results
LSAT India 2018 is going to be held on May 20. There’s no particular date for the declaration, but the tentative date of results declaration would be between mid or end of June month.